The position management options available to administrators are:
- Request for new staff positions,
- Request to reclassify vacant positions,
- Request to reclassify filled positions, and;
- Request to emliminate vacant positions
Position Management Guidelines: This document contains the current year guidelines for staff positions funded from unrestricted sources as well as staff positions funded from external (restricted) sources.
Compensation Memos: The following memos were distributed to all Campus Presidents, Deans and Vice Presidents prior to the start of Fiscal Year 2012/2013.
Position Management Forms
- Position Change Request Form: This form required for all requests involving creation of new positions or reclassification of existing positions (filled or vacant). Requests funded from unrestricted funds are reviewed annually in conjunction with the university annual budget review process. Click here for the Instruction and General Information Sheet
- In-Range Adjustment Request Form: An in-range adjustment may be requested (for exempt staff only) to establish equitable salary relationships. In-range adjustment requests must include consideration of all of the following; availability of funding, employee’s job related qualifications, performance, and internal equity. For filled unrestricted funded positions, requests are submitted in conjunction with the annual Budget Cycle. The college/division/community college will submit all internally approved requests for review in a single packet to Compensation Services no later than the annual Budget Cycle deadline. Click here for the In-Range Adjustment Request – Instruction and General Information Sheet.