The Employee Relations function is handled by the office of Employee and Management Services (EMS).
They offer the following services for supervisors and employees:
- Provides counsel and advice to supervisors and employees regarding employment-related inquiries
- Assists in the interpretation of University policies and procedures
- Provides confidential* consultation (*to the extent allowed by law)
- Advises employees regarding their employment rights
- Advises supervisors regarding their management rights
- Facilitates communication strategies regarding employee/employer issues
Email email@example.com or call 575-646-2449 to schedule a consultation meeting with an EMS representative.
Employee Assistance Program
NMSU also provides an Employee Assistance Program through the University Health Center. They provide confidential counseling for faculty and staff experiencing personal and work related issues affecting their job performance. Faculty and staff experiencing issues with alcohol or drug abuse are encouraged to contact them. A faculty and staff’s spouse or significant other are also eligible for services. There is no cost for counseling.
They provide consultation for department heads and supervisors concerning identification and intervention of faculty and staff experiencing personal or work related issues affecting job performance. EAP professional staff are available for educational seminars pertaining to general well-being, leadership, and work related issues.
To read more about the Employee Assistance Program, click here.