The Labor Relations Office serves as the university’s liaison to union representatives for all eligible bargaining employees. We are responsible for negotiating, implementing and administering the NMSU-AFSCME Collective Bargaining Agreement. Questions pertaining to the interpretation and application of the collective bargaining agreement should be directed to our office at email@example.com or (575) 646-2449.
- Labor Management Relations Resolution - Amended March 14, 2005
- Wage/Insurance Agreement - July 15, 2008
- Bookstore Agreement - October 10, 2008
Filing a Grievance or Appeal through the Union
- Grievance Form: To file a grievance, contact a union representative or see Appendix D-AFSCME Grievance Form in the Agreement.
- Grievance Response Form: Made available by Labor Relations. Use this form to respond to a grievance.
AFSCME Supervisory Training
The bargaining agreement between NMSU and the American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees (AFSCME) union applies to the majority of non-exempt NMSU employees. This 3.5 hour session, presented jointly by Employee and Management Services and AFSCME, will provide an overview of the articles of the agreement with an emphasis on the objectives of the parties to the Agreement and documents or procedures associated with the Agreement.
AFSCME Bargaining Agreement Workshop- click to view and register for a session