EPAF stands for Electronic Personnel Action Form, it is the final streamlined solution for many hiring processes that are/were taking place using various other systems. EPAFs for different hire types will be rolled out as they are completed. Information about each implementation will be listed on this page.
Here are some of the primary features/tools that EPAF provides to improve the hiring experience for colleges/departments:
- Data Validation- verifies employee data entered is correct and will pre-populate fields where appropriate
- Name Search- ability to input the Aggie ID or search for the ID through a name look-up feature
- View Existing Jobs- ability to view existing jobs, university wide
- Rehire into previous position– easily rehire incumbents into the same job within the same department
- Date validation– based on the type of hire, the system will validate the date to reduce errors
- Reduced approval routing steps– Actions will no longer route to Employment Services for review and approval. Colleges/Divisions will will be responsible for reviews and approvals. Actions will be processed into Banner for payment after only three steps from origination
- Tracking of actions- track hiring actions submitted by you. No more paper copies to retain!
Temporary Staff EPAFs
Initiative Posted: September 10, 2013
Status: Implemented December 2, 2013
The following EPAFs have been completed and released through MyNMSU effective Monday, December 2, 2013.
- HETHIR for Temporary Exempt Staff;
- HNTHIR for Temporary Non-Exempt Staff; and
- HESHIR for the establishment of Supplemental Compensation for Exempt Staff. (Note: Temp Faculty Supplemental Comp is done through the Faculty Hire EPAF- HFTHIR)
These EPAFs will replace the Banner E-Hire Process that is currently in place. Effective December 2, 2013, E-Hire will not be available to process hires for these types of positions, Employee Class beginning with “E”, “N”, or “Z”.
Student Hire EPAF
Initiative Posted: June 26, 2013
Status: Implemented July 29, 2013
The Student Hire EPAF is live effective Monday, July 29, 2013. Training for the system is in session. Register here for training.
Student Hire EPAF Roll-out Schedule
|July 8, 2013
|July 29, 2013
|August 15, 2013
Student employees are terminated. If students are continuing employment beyond this date, departments will be required to hire the student on or after August 16th, utilizing the new position numbers and EPAF process.
|August 16, 2013
Earliest effective date for student employees hired through EPAF.
- June 26, 2013- Memo to all Senior Administrators (Campus Presidents, Deans and Vice Presidents)
- July 19, 2013- Fall Hiring Memo (includes EPAF information)
|Visit the Recruitment and Hiring toolkit for: Student Employees|
Temporary Faculty and Graduate Assistantship Hires
Initiative Posted: April 2, 2013
Status: Implemented April 2013
We are happy to announce that we are implementing the final streamlined solution, Electronic Personnel Action Form (EPAF) for Temporary Faculty (TFAC) and Graduate Assistantship (GA) hires. The EPAF implementation details and originator and approver training sessions will be announced shortly. EPAF processing is conducted in myNMSU. In order to prepare for your colleges EPAF implementation, please complete the following:
- Complete the required security access form Electronic Personnel Security Request (found at http://af.nmsu.edu/forms/), route appropriately for approval within your college and submit to ICT University Computer Center.
- Register for EPAF Training
- Upon completion of training, your college shall begin processing TFAC and GA hires through EPAF; spreadsheets will no longer be accepted.
|For more information, visit our Hiring Toolkits page.|