Foreign Transcript Evaluation

Individuals who have completed college or university course work at an institution in a country otherfile_folder.jpg than the United States must obtain a complete evaluation of foreign transcripts, degrees, and the translation of other relevant employment documents prior to being offered employment at New Mexico State University.   A foreign transcript evaluation is required any time foreign course work is used to meet an employment related credential requirement. An evaluation is required even if the foreign course work has been accepted by a college or university in the United States. Foreign transcripts must be evaluated by one of the approved organizations listed on this page in order to be accepted by NMSU. It is the responsibility of the applicant to provide such evaluation upon request.


These organizations are private enterprises that charge a fee for their services. Individuals seeking a foreign transcript evaluation are responsible for the fees assessed and must follow the procedures outlined by the organization providing the evaluation.


In all instances, original, official documentation will be required when requesting the evaluation by the company.


Agencies approved by the Commission for Foreign Transcription Evaluation

Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc.

PO Box 514070
Milwaukee, WI 53203-3470
Phone: (414) 289-3400
Fax: (414) 289-3411


International Education Research Foundation, Inc.

Credentials Evaluation Service
PO Box 3665
Culver City, CA 90231
Phone: (310) 342-9451
Fax: (310) 342-7086


Educational Records Evaluation Service

601 University Avenue, Suite 127
Sacramento, CA 95825-6738
Phone: (916) 921-0790
Fax: (916) 921-0793

SpanTran The Evaluation Company

2400 Augusta Drive
Houston, TX 77057
Phone: (713) 266-8805 Website:


World Education Services

Application for Evaluation of Foreign Educational Credentials
Bowling Green Station
P.O. Box 5087
New York, NY 10274-5087
Phone: (212) 966-6311
Fax: (212) 739-6100
(Note: WES is not authorized to evaluate coursework from Spain)


Verifications also accepted from:

Private Educational Credentialing Agencies that are members of NACES